2018 Catholic Social Media Awards laud ‘online missionaries’
The winners of this year’s Catholic Social Media Awards. JOHANN MANGUSSAD
The event, held over the weekend at the Siena College in Quezon City, recognized the most effective use of social media by an individual, dioceses, parishes and church groups.
Now on its fourth year, the awards seek to encourage social communication ministries “to innovate, participate and integrate for a greater online purpose, presence and mission”.
YouthPinoy is a group of “online missionaries” who “strives to win the World through the Word”.
In collaboration with Areopagus Communications, the group aspire for a future where the Church maximizes the use of social media in evangelization.
“By monitoring all types of social media, we aim to acknowledge personalities, groups, ministers or advocates as they continue to stand for their faith online,” the YouthPinoy said.
This year’s CSMA winners are:
- Best Digital Poster Design — “Rosaryo” by Bryan Pizon
- Best Instagram — CFC Youth for Family and Life
- Best Twitter — 100% Katolikong Pinoy
- Best Social Media Team — Aranzazu Media and Public Information Ministry
- Best Social Media Manager — Arnel “Atom” Yango
- Best Parish Facebook Page — Basilica Minore del Sto. Niño de Cebu
- Best Catholic Organization Facebook Page — Couples for Christ
- Best Facebook Public Group — Veritas Pilipinas
- Best Catholic Organization Website — Basilica Minore del Sto. Niño de Cebu
- Best Diocesan Website — Diocese of Antipolo
- Best Blog — Defend the Catholic Faith
- Best Vlog — “Almusalita” by Fr. Luciano Felloni
- Female Social Media Influencer of the Year — Rissa Singson Kawpeng
- Male Social Media Influencer of the Year — Fr Luciano Felloni
- Catholic Song of the Year — “Stay with Me, Lord” by Ferdinand Bautista