Cardinal Sin Catholic Book Lifetime awardees are ‘gifts’ to the Church
Awardees of last year’s Cardinal Sin Catholic Book Awards with members of the Asian Catholic Communicators, Inc.
By CBCP News
Sept. 9, 2018
Calling them, its “gifts to the Church,” the Asian Catholic Communicators, Inc. (ACCI), an association of Catholic book publishers in the Philippines, is set to recognize two Lifetime Achievement awardees on Sept. 12, 6:00 p.m., at the Manila International Book Fair (MIBF) to be held at the SMX Convention Center, Mall of Asia.
Sr. Teresa Joseph Patrick of Jesus and Mary, OCD, and Fr. Gil Alinsangan, SSP are the ACCI’s Lifetime Achievement awardees for 2018.
“These two consecrated individuals are our ‘gifts’ because we also celebrate the Year of the Clergy and Consecrated Persons,” said ACCI chair Fr. John Klen Malificiar, SSP.
‘Culture of love and life’
Since 2007, ACCI has been handing out the Cardinal Sin Catholic Book Awards (CSCBA) in different categories, the highlight of which is a Lifetime Achievement Award that is given an individual whose Catholic life and apostolic zeal is reflected in his or her writings.
This year’s winners of the Cardinal Sin Catholic Book Awards (CSCBA) will be announced at the event as well.
Manila Auxiliary Bishop Broderick S. Pabillo commended the CSCBA and its supporters for the inspiration they bring the faithful. “May this Catholic Book Awards contribute to this effort of giving hope and trust so that we may shape a Filipino culture of love and life,” he said.
Guest speaker at this year’s awards is Mr. John Nery, associate editor and opinion columnist of the Philippine Daily Inquirer who will deliver a message inspired by Pope Francis’ call to eradicate fake news and promote journalism for peace.
Promoting Gospel values
The ACCI, formerly known as the Asian Catholic Publishers, Inc. (ACPI), was founded by the late Archbishop of Manila Jaime Cardinal Sin. The group aims “to recognize authors and publishers who promote total human development, Gospel values and Filipino culture through the effective use of the latest communications technology in book publishing.”
Last year’s winners were:
- Gabriel’s Garden by Bro. Jesus Matias, OFS, published by ST. PAULS, for the Children’s category;
- Get Ready for More by Bo Sanchez, published by Shepherd’s Voice Publications, Inc., for the Inspirational category;
- Morena Graciosa by Michael delos Reyes, published by Claretian Communications Foundation Inc., for Liturgy;
- Family Goals by Michele Alignay, MA, RP, RGC, published by Shepherd’s Voice Publications, Inc., for Family Life;
- Jesus Reigns! by Most Rev. Ruperto C. Santos, DD, STL, published by ST. PAULS, for Homiletics;
- The Spirituality of Bishop Labayen by Julio Xavier Labayen, OCD, published by Institute of Spirituality in Asia, Inc., for Ministry;
- Ponderings by Nil Guillemette, published by Claretians Communications Foundation, Inc., for Spirituality;
- Sharing the Filipino Marian Piety by Msgr. Sabino Vengco, Jr., published by Foundation for Christ-Love Asia, Inc., for Theology;
- To My Fellow Igorot Youth by Dr. Ryan Camado Guinaran, published by Diteng Inc./Ryan Guinaran, for the Youth category
The Asian Catholic Communicators Inc. comprises Bayard Assumption Media Foundation, Claretian Communications Foundation, Inc., Communication Foundation for Asia, Institute of Spirituality in Asia, Inc., Jesuit Communications Inc., Logos Publications, Paulines, Shepherd’s Voice Publications, Inc., ST. PAULS, Word & Life Publications, Catholic Book Center, Sinag-tala, and New City Press.
For more information, interested parties may check out the Cardinal Sin Catholic Book Awards on Facebook.