Humanae Vitae @ 50 forum set
John Paul VI’s encyclical Humanae Vitae, dated July 25, 1968, continues to enlighten the Catholic faithful on God’s plan for married love and family life.
July 12, 2018
Half a century after the landmark encyclical Humanae Vitae was issued, the Catholic Church’s definitive stand on birth control continues to guide Christian families into the 21st century.
To celebrate the document’s 50th anniversary, the Commission of Family & Life and Human Life International Pilipinas are inviting the public to join the Humanae Vitae Educators for Life Forum on July 28 at Holiday Plaza Hotel, Ramos St., Cebu City.
Inspired by the theme “Humanae Vitae @ 50: Renewing Our Commitment & Faithfulness to Life and Family,” the program will feature the following speakers:
- Fr. Ely M. Suico, Director, Archdiocesan Commission on Family & Life
Topic: “Timeline of HV”
- Bishop Dennis C. Villarojo, DD, Auxiliary Bishop of Cebu
Topic: Plenary Message based on the theme
- Fr. Ronald S. Quijano, SThD, Director, Saint John Paul II National Institute on Marriage and Family
Topic: “Theological and Moral Perspectives of HV & Its
Effects to the Church and the Society”
- Dr. Rene Josef C. Bullecer, Lay coordinator, ECFL – Visayas, CBCP
Topic: “Re-visiting HV @ 50, Its Relevance Yesterday,
Today and Tomorrow”
- Atty. Jo Aurea M. Imbong, Professor, University of Asia & the Pacific
Topic: “HV @ 50: The Urgent Challenges Confronting the
- Fr. Kyle Tabotabo, Vice Rector, San Pedro Calungsod Shrine
Topic: Holy Mass Main Celebrant and Homilist
A registration fee of Php 700.00 will include a kit/certificate, snacks and lunch.
For more details on how to register, interested persons may email email@example.com; text 09189016815; or call 032. 2550136, 032.2556216
Registration deadline is on July 26.