Here’s the perfect V-Day. Volunteer for candy-giving with a twist
MANILA, Feb. 9, 2017 – Single on Valentine’s day? Fret not, you can still make the day of hearts meaningful by volunteering to be part of Filipinos for Life (F4L)’s candy-giving project on Feb. 14 at the Dangwa flower market in Sampaloc in this city.
A tradition organized by Prolife Philippines, YouthPinoy, LoveLife Philippines, and F4L every V-day, the candy-giving project was organized specifically to counter the Department of Health’s move to give away free condoms to passersby in the busy Dangwa market.
“We plan to counter this culture of premarital sex and contraception that corrupt the true meaning of romantic love, by giving away repacked candies that contain written messages about chastity and true love, and by exchanging them with the condoms that people have received,” said AJ Perez, head of this year’s candy-giving project.
According to Perez, former president of F4L, the group is looking for volunteers who will:
- Repack candies and ballers;
- Distribute them on the day itself
- Post on social media and on blogs about the said activity before, during, and after the event
In a social media post weeks before the event, he noted the need for volunteers to take an official leave from work, as Feb. 14 is a weekday.
Aside from donors, F4L also called on the public to:
- donate candies, ballers, and posters
- lend a spacious place for candy donations drop-offs as well as for repacking
- replicate the said event in their location (specifically for youth groups, church or civil organizations)
Parties interested to volunteer or donate may message Perez on Facebook or contact him at 09291733558. (Nirva’ana Ella Delacruz / CBCPNews)