Aid needed for Navotas fire survivors
Thousands lost their homes to an early morning fire in Market 3, Navotas, Jan. 10, 2017. (Photo: Thierry d’Arcangues)
MANILA – A foundation makes a call for donations as thousands of families were left homeless after a fire early this morning devastated Market 3, one of the slum areas near the port of Navotas.
“More than a thousand of families lost everything,” said Elise Cruse,Tulay Ng Kabataan Foundation (TNK) communication and partnerships manager.
TNK, which runs a day-care center for children in Market 3, said the survivors are in urgent need of the following:
- Floor mats (or beach towels to sleep on)
- Sacks of rice
- Cans of food
- Hygiene products
Cruse said, however, that TNK cannot handle, at the moment, the logistics of receiving donations of clothes.
Donations may be dropped off at the following locations:
- Quezon City: TNK Foundation, 94 Kalayaan Ave., Barangay Diliman.
- Makati : Mr. and Mrs. de Bazin, 5492 Armorsolo Street, Bel Air – Dasmariñas Village.
- Intramuros: TNK center, 54 General Luna Street, Intramuros.
- Ortigas: Edsa Shrine (c/o Fr. Matthieu Dauchez)
For more information, interested parties may contact (02) 435 59 12 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. CBCPNews